Invisible

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Relief Society Meeting and Friendship!

Hello World.

I am writing a blog post! Hooray! :D

What a fantastic couple of days I have had. Last night I went to the General Relief Society Meeting at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. I've been to the Conference Center for a few different events, but this was an amazing experience for me. To be in a room with so many women, and to be walking around Temple Square with only a few men to be seen, and to know thousands of women were also gathered all around the world -- it was like a worldwide girl's night out! I loved it!!

The messages and music shared really touched my heart. I would invite you to watch the meeting, or sections of it. General Relief Society Meeting So good!!!

Amazingly (though not surprisingly) we had similar messages shared in our Church meetings today. I also picked up the September Ensign today (finally), and what did I find? The same message. So what is this message???

Friendship! Life should be about friendship. More so, it should be about Christlike love and service. How do we share the gospel? Through friendship. How do we live the gospel? Through friendship. It's what life is all about! Love!

I don't know about you, but I find this a refreshing reminder of how simple it can be to live the gospel. Matthew 22:37-39 says to first "love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." Then we should "love thy neighbour as thyself." A few years ago I heard the concept of JOY. Put Jesus and Others before Yourself. So simple! Yet it is a true principle and one I want to build my life around.

Well, I am so excited to put this into action. I'm excited for the challenges that lie ahead of me and another new stage of my life that is beginning. Woohoo!!

-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment