Usually on Easter we think of the miracle of the Savior's Resurrection. I do think that is one of the most wonderful gifts He gave us - to be able to live again, and to know that we will see our friends and family after this life. This Easter, however, I am especially grateful for the other gift Jesus Christ has blessed us with - the Atonement. This gift enables us to not only live again, but to live with Him, and to have everlasting happiness.
It's impossible to describe all my feelings of the Atonement. I know that it has been worked for me many times in my life. I think of how incredibly far I am from being perfect, and all the little mistakes I make every single day. I can't hardly comprehend the miracle that His grace can bring me from where I am to where I need to be to be. Of course it takes effort on my part, but the effort I'm required to give is so small compared to what He has done to make up the difference. (D&C 20:29-33) I'm so grateful for this blessing that enables me to be happy in this world.
I know Jesus Christ loves each person on this world. He chose, with no hesitation, to come to this fallen world to save us. He didn't just save all of us, He saved each one of us. I find that amazing. I certainly don't want to take this greatest gift for granted. I don't want His suffering for me to be in vain. I want to do my very best and show Him how grateful I am that He has given me a second chance. As I do so, I feel of His love, I know He blesses me 100-fold for my efforts, and I find hope in a seemingly hopeless world. I love the Savior. I hope you will pray to feel that love too.
Love,
Brittney

No comments:
Post a Comment